Thursday, August 28, 2008

The Time is NOW!!!

After a discussion with my friend on why reading books is important I couldn't help but publish my thoughts. Now don't take me wrong I am not talking about school books, there's no escaping them, unfortunately :(, but I am talking about those philosophical books. My friend always talks big that one day he will start doing something about the society we live in, wow sounds interesting isn't it, but when asked when is that one day gonna come he said wait for the right time....yeah sure. He wants to become a philanthropist one day I don't know whats stopping him doing that right now.
I am not against reading books and i'm certainly not amongst those who go mad on books;) I have been told by my friend that he reads these books to get the philosophical ideas, but where are you using those ideas....in just big talks and no actions? Sure its fair enough to get these ideas and try to see what other great achievers have done with their vision, but its not fair to steal their ideology and make fake statements in front of others. People wait for the right time....c'mon now you work at Microsoft at the age of 25, earn big bucks, you have good status and image in society what else do you need? Go and ask Bill Gates did he wait for the right moment to arrive...no he created the moment for himself, did Sachin Tendulkar wait for the right moment to land in the Indian team....no he forced the selectors to include him by his impressive batting skills. I can go on with several other examples like these but that's not my point here.....it is ok to read books and get philosophical ideas, but it is NOT ok to talk about them when you have no vision to use them.
Anybody can talk big when there are people around...but how well you complement your talk with your actions is what that sets you apart from ordinary people. So if you are one of those who really want to do something and have the potential to turn things around but are waiting for the right moment....please realise that YOUR TIME IS NOW!!!

2 comments:

Shakti said...

Hi...well you have hit the nail on the head.. nice thought.. time u update your blog tho:)

Richa Mehrotra said...

Woooo...That's a good one..!!! Absolutely true