Sunday, February 17, 2008

Giant Ants Crawling....

At 8 o'clock in the night on my way back home, I see giant ants crawling...errr I mean vehicles moving at a pace slower than a passing by bicycle. This is not just once or twice but almost everyday, and don't be surprised, I'm talking about the IT city or the so called Silicon Valley of India....yeah you're right *Bangalore*.
There are traffic jams everywhere, and by look of the things moving along I wonder if the State Government is even bothered to take a sneak peak through its window. Bangalore is taking a beat down at the hands of the IT industry and also at the hands of its reluctant government, who just refuse to step up and do something about it. If they are really doing something then I bet after 20-30 years we can surely see minor improvements. The way people deal with this situation is even worse, look at those bike riders who don't even leave the footpaths (which I think is primarily built for pedestrians). Seeing the way vehicles passing by, missing each other by merely an inch really freaks me out. I love driving cars but if they say in Bangalore "No Thanks" ;)
I am sure situation can handled in a much better way, than it is being handled now (if it is being handled et'll). I recently heard government coming up with a new rule "Even days, cars with even number should be on the roads and vice versa", not sure to how much extent this will succeed. The way I see it, if I'm rich I'll buy two cars with both even odd numbers, if I'm poor I wouldn't care anyway, and if I'm a middle man and can afford a car worth 2 or 2 and a half lacs I'll probably buy two Tata Nanos with that much amount. There has to be some more intelligent thinking which can atleast control the increasing traffic jams if not reduce it. Although the problem is much bigger than what we see but it is not unsolvable.
Till the time there is any foreseen change, my advise to all the IT aspirants eyeing a job in their dream company in Bangalore, beware of the Giant Ants Crawling!!! ;)

6 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

wow... that is really gr8...
didnt knew u r a gud writer also...

I really liked the way u hav expressed the words.... IT industry, city bangalore, traffic etc...

Hope Govt takes some strong step towards it... but not only govt we all shuld also think and do sumthing in this regard... Until n unless citizens of the country realise, govt alone cannot do anything(if they think of doing something)...

But simply mindblowing blog...
Hope to read more blogs...
Keep writing... :-)

Ajeet said...

Great post Saurabh.
loved reading it.
True...very true thats how situation in bangalore is thesedays.

Unknown said...

hmmm....you just wrote my heart out..as you know i reach office on my bike on daily basis and I have delhi's number. I have been fined 6 times in 5 months by traffic police(the great law abiding police) for no reason. I always wear helmet. No triple...for that matter double ride as well..never jumped a red light....You know what..they love non-karantaka numbers...the moment they see a non-kA number they would stop you and make you to shell out money....Man I m going to change my number very soon. as I cant travel in cabs. I am impatient.Cant be in one of those crawling gaints and wait for my turn....I fail to understand why IT companies love banglore so much..Central govt sucks basicaly..they dont provide right atmosphere for IT companies to come in other parts of india..I wish I had my company in gurgaon or chandigarh or noida..there are so many better options then our lovely IT CITY...I hope a branch office of my company opens in DELHI or its NCR soon.I have no hopes from KA govt..bunch of useless fellows

Saurabh Mudgal said...

i can understand ur pain suraj....having beared the brunt of KA govt twice u must be feeling terrible, and man..get a ticket 6 times in 5 months is way too much...tell u wht next time the traffic guys stop you...find a stick frm nearby and stick it straight up their butt ;-)

Unknown said...

hey...this 1s really gud n very straight to the point n also vry interesting at the same time. i luv the way u've used those expressions of yours n i mean really i knew u cud do a gud job in writing but this was lyk very much unpredictable. With this i'm sure u must've poured out alomst every engg's( in bglr) heart out.
The title is also extremely gooood n catchy...i lyk it...in the end...oh 4got 2 mention dat whn u mentitoned ur frnd got 6 tickets in 5 months in bglr i cudn't stop laughing...poor lad...neway gud job...